Bus Services in Girona and the Costa Brava
Information on getting around the Costa Brava by bus, both through the villages by regional bus and the urban bus services of the towns and Girona city...
Girona town and other larger cities in the province are served by urban buses. Many bus companies operate out of the central bus stations; generally, information on routes and timetables is available from the main bus station (usually located in the centre of town). A plan of the bus routes and times is also often on the bus stop itself. Be aware that routes, prices and timetables are subject to change.
The public transport coverage is good in the urbanised centres but can be quite sporadic in rural villages. Most public buses are new and air-conditioned.
Sarfa (part of the Sarbus group) runs a regular interurban service for the Costa Brava and l'Alt i Baix Empordà regions. The three main lines are:
- Sant Feliu de Guíxols – Castell Platja d’Aro S’Agaró – Santa Cristina
- Castell Platja d’Aro S’Agaró – Santa Cristina – Sant Feliu de Guíxols
- Palamós - Calonge
The website (in English) has a destination and timetable for all lines.
- For timetables, select towns of departure and arrival from the drop down menu: Click here
At: Poligon Industrial Riera d´Esclanyà, Carrer Mas Resplandis 6-8, 17255 Begur
Regular line information: 902 302 025
Other information: 972 301 293
Sagalés buses connect a number of coastal towns, including Tossa de Mar, Lloret de Mar, Blanes, Malgrat de Mar, Santa Susanna, Pineda de Mar and Calella de la Costa. The website has an interactive map and timetable search in English. Once a search is made, there is a PDF of the route map and timetable, plus pricing information and details on where to buy a ticket.
- Select town of departure and destination from the drop down menu options, or click and drag the map for a route map: Click here
TEISA Bus is a local bus service for the town and province of Girona. The website has details of all services, routes and timetables. Children under four years accompanied by an adult travel free (only one child per adult). Tickets are not sold in advance.
Bus T regular is the regular service for the province. For schedules: Click here (in Catalan)
- Bus T urbà connects larger towns of the province: Click here (in Catalan)
- TPO is the bus service for the town and vicinity of Olot. For schedules: Click here (in Catalan)
- EIX Bus connects Girona airport with the major Catalonia towns and Girona. For schedules: Click here (in Catalan)
- Transports Elèctrics Interurbans (TEISA)
At: C/ Sardenya, 16 - Girona
Tel: 972 20 48 68
All the bus companies mentioned above provide a service to the town of Girona. Girona bus station is off Carretera Barcelona in the modern, western part of the city, beside the train station on Plaça Espanya - Tel: 972 201 591.
Lloret de Mar, Tossa de Mar, Blanes
Autocars RM links Lloret de Mar with Girona via Vidreres, Sils and Mallorquines. Discount season tickets are available for regular commuters.
- Autocars RM (Lloret de Mar office)
At: Av. Vila de Blanes 60-62, 17310 Lloret de Mar
Tel: 972 364 072
Municipal bus Pujol (Tel: 972 364 236) runs a regular, daily bus service between:
- Lloret de Mar - Tossa de Mar
- Blanes - Tossa de Mar
- Blanes - Lloret de Mar
- For information from the Lloret de Mar tourist website: Click here
Ampurdán Bus provides a daily service (reduced at weekend and public holidays) connecting Figueres with the surrounding towns. The website in Spanish, Catalan and French has a complete timetable for a week's service.
- To see the timetable: Click here (in Catalan) and chose from the options under "horaris"
- Ampurdán Bus
At: Pl President Tarradellas 3, 17600 Figueres
Tel: 972 502 383
An urban bus operates Monday to Saturday from Plaça de l'Estació in town on the following routes:
- Figueres - city surrounds
- Maçanet de Cabrenys - Figures
- Plaça de l'Estació
Tel: 972 673 354
Europe and Spain
Eurolines is a booking and information service for long distance coach journeys across the European continent. There are departure points across Spain, including Girona.