When leaving Switzerland, find out what to do about informing your children's schools...

Give schools a reasonable amount of notice of a child's departure. There may be outstanding bills for school fees, transport or meals to be settled.

On registration at a new school in the new country a parent may be asked for a certificate stating the latest grade passed by the child. Request this from the school when giving notice of departure. Swiss schools will normally be happy to provide a summary of a child's progress and up-to-date test results. They may be able do this in English, if asked.

Leave a forwarding address for any correspondence.