Enrolment and Finding a School

Understand how to find a school in Thailand and what the enrolment procedure involves...

The first decision will be whether to send the child to a government school (if allowed) or a private, international school. Places in government schools are not allocated on a catchment area basis.

Applications for all schools need to be made at the school itself.

Admission requirements for foreign students

If a student has one Thai parent and their birth was registered in Thailand, that student is classified as a Thai national and is entitled to all the benefits of a Thai national.

Some or all of the following documents are usually required for foreign students enrolling in international or government schools. Check with the school for individual requirements.

  • Passport valid for six months beyond intended length of stay
  • Non-immigrant ED visa
  • All documentation from previous school (if applicable)
  • Birth Certificate
  • Health Certificate
  • Immunisation Records

The following documents are required for foreign students enrolling in a higher education school:

  • High School Certificate or equivalent
  • Academic records from previous schools
  • Non-immigrant ED visa

An admission exam may also be required before a student is accepted into a programme of study.

Finding an International School

Websites with information and links and information on international schools: