Foreigners Marrying in the United Kingdom

Regulations relating to Foreigners wishing to be married in the United Kingdom...

If one or both of the partners is a non EU/EEA/Swiss national, they may come to the UK to marry, as long as they intend to leave the country within six months.

If one of the partners is subject to immigration control, they may need additional documents in order to give notice to marry. In most cases, foreigners marrying in the UK (resident or non-resident) will need one of the following documents:

Visa providing entry clearance, specifically for marrying purposes

  • A document proving settled status in the UK, for example Indefinite Leave to Remain