Speech by President Joko Widodo at the 2014 APEC CEO Summit

2 Replies

Hi everyone, I am posting on the Forum a very insightful speech by Indonesian President, Joko Widodo at the 2014 APEC CEO Summit which is taken from Youtube. In it, he speaks in plain terms, his vision for inviting businesspeople and investors to Indonesia, for the various opportunities that can be made with the different infrastructure projects and initiatives of his administration. The interesting part, is his commitment to push local government at provincial and lower levels to support in facilitating business permits and support those who want to invest in the different regions. I think he will back up those words and be able to do so more effectively than previous administrations.  

Replies

Laurent Eisenstadt 1415784735

I sure hope he can do something about the permits processes. The lack of speed is somewhat embedded in the system. So I really am counting he will make good on his promises to make the governors and other officials accountable and push their cooperation, with no strings attached!

genarot 1415815656

Pretty good English. I though his critics said he didn't speak well? I think his level of fluency for not being a native speaker is good if not excellent.

I really wonder what that maritime toll means for the transportation business. I was really surprised to hear from friends that it costs more to send freight from Surabaya to Bali thank from Singapore to Singapore. How can that be? Even the distance from Singapore is farther!

Join the discussion
LOGIN OR REGISTER

Login