Car Insurance

1 Replies

My English car insurance expires next week. Can somebody please recommend a good English friendly insurance company? Thank you.

Featured Classified


bandy 1513514662

What exactly is your situation ?  If you have UK insurance then you must be a UK resident with a UK registered car. Your only option therefore is to continue with UK insurance or face a fine from the DVLA.

If you move here then you must register the car here on arrival and insure with a French company (the UK insurance would be invalid once you cease to be UK resident anyway).

Thus, a French company will cover you whilst transferring the registration to France but cannot legally cover indefinitely on UK plates as re-registration is a legal requirement. You are allowed a month to deal with things. Regards.

Join the discussion