Dr Alessandro Cavelzani, PhD.
racticing for the last 15 years in Milan as and English-speaking psychotherapist for adults, infants and children.
Dr Cavelzani was trained at Columbia University Medical School (New York) with Beatrice Beebe and at Child Unit-University Massachusetts (Boston) with Ed Tronick regarding parent-child attachment, child’s behavioural disorders, and post-partum depression.
Previously, he obtained a Doctorate in psychoanalytic psychotherapy at the SIPRE Italian Institute of Relational Psychoanalysis, Milan, and a post-doc in child psychotherapy at the same Institute. He has also volunteered at the Macedonio Melloni Hospital to work with sufferers of post-partum depression, and at the Buzzi Children's Hospital of Milan working against child maltreatments.
For 10 years, Dr Cavelzani has also been a Visiting Professor in several Universities:
- at Donau University (Austria),
- at Grenoble Business School (France),
- at FHGR University Chur (Switzerland),
- Ritz Colleges (Switzerland).
Dr Cavelzani is also an active researcher:
· Cavelzani, Tronick (2016), Dyadically Expanded States of Consciousness and Therapeutic Change in the Interaction Between Analyst and Adult Patient. Psychoanalytic Dialogues, vol 26, n°5. http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/hpsd20/26/5
· Cavelzani, Tronick (2016), Restoring the Working Alliance, or Crisis and Developmental Opportunity? Mismatching and Reparation in Multiple Different Meanings. Psychoanalytic Dialogues, vol 26, n°5. http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/hpsd20/26/5
· Cavelzani A., Crispino S., Rizzi G., Caulli G., Anniverno R. (2020), Pregnancy and Childbirth during Covid-19 Lockdown in Patients under Treatment for Psychological Disorders, Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol 9,n2.
· Cavelzani A., Romeo L. et al. (2018), Micro-traumatic Experiences and Psychotherapeutic Treatment, Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol 7,n1.