British-Quebec Business Coalition
The BQBC is an important medium for the promotion of two-way trade and investment between Quebec and Great Britain.
Great Britain and Quebec have enjoyed a long and mutually prosperous business relationaship for over 250 years. Both share many cultural and social qualities such as belief in hard work, an expectation of fair play, a need for public responsibility and a spirit of collaberation. It is on these foundations that the BQBC is founded.
Montreal in particular is a centre of academic excellence with more students per head than any other city on the continent. The port of Montreal is one of the biggest inland ports in the world and the city is also the 4th largest centre in North America for aerospace jobs. There are also major film and television production businesses along with a booming video games industry.
Aims and Objectives
- To be an important medium for the promotion of two-way trade and investment between Quebec and Great Britain.
- To provide a forum for British companies seeking to develop their business in Quebec and Quebec companies seeking to develop their business in Great Britain.
- To provide an infrastructure for its members to gain business referrals and to act as a conguit for trade between North America and Europe.
- BQBC will leverage UK-Canadian agreements, as well as searate British-Quebec initiatives, to promote technology transfer and investment between Britain and Quebec.
- To support trade missions performed by both British and Quebec governments.
- To seek partnerships, collaberators, distributor and agents within both markets to support members through its extensive network of contacts.