English Translations & Content Assistant (Internship)
ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS & CONTENT ASSISTANT (INTERNSHIP)
Paid internship, full time Location: Paris, France
Starting date: Mid-May 2020 – November 2020
Languages: English (essential), French
Remuneration: Internship allowance + 50% restaurant tickets + 50% transport
Smallable is the world’s leading family concept store. Founded in 2008 by Cécile Roederer and Pierre Rochand, Smallable’s line-up includes more than 800 designer brands; names like Stella McCartney Kids, Bobo Choses, Caramel London, Bonpoint, Bonton The Animals Observatory, Jérôme Dreyfuss, Mara Hoffman, Alexa Chung, Michel Vivien, Vitra, Hay, Hartô, Petite Friture, Gubi, Charlie Crane, Bugaboo, Babyzen and BabyBjörn.
More than a simple e-commerce website, Smallable offers its customers a world of inspiration with our carefully-curated selection of designer brands for babies, children, women and the home. In addition to an online platform, Smallable publishes a monthly e- magazine and has two brick-and-mortar boutiques in Paris. Our website is translated in 5 languages and we deliver to more than 100 countries across the globe (65% of our sales are outside of France).
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an English Translations & Content Assistant (intern) to help review all Smallable’s English content and develop new strategies for translating content in-house and externally.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Working with the English Content & Translations Co-ordinator, your duties and responsibilities will be to:
· Regularly translate product labels and descriptions from French to English.
· Assist with the review of already existing English content on Smallable’s website (product labels and descriptions, brand descriptions, customer service template texts, newsletters, publications meta titles and meta descriptions etc).
· Help verify that all content on the website has been adequately translated in all languages (French, Spanish, German, Italian), and where needed, dispatch translation projects internally or to our translation agency.
· Help define an English glossary of terms and internal English writing guidelines.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
· Convention de stage required
· Native English speaker (who has lived or grown up in UK, USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand etc).
· Impeccable writing (spelling and grammar) and editing skills in English.
· A good comprehension of French (necessary for translations and it is the language used in our office).
· Highly organised and methodical in approach with good project management skills.
· Previous translating experience is not required, but well-regarded.
· A minimum Bachelor’s degree in translation, communication, creative writing or related fields.
· An interest in fashion and design is a plus.
Please send a cover letter and CV to Stephanie Liger. In your cover letter, please also include 3 brands whose content you appreciate and why.
1) Written test
2) Interview with English Content & Translations Co-ordinator
English Content & Translations Co-ordinator