American Section Lycee International de St. Germain-en-Laye
Consistently ranked among the top schools in France, the Lycee International de St. Germain-en-Laye offers its students, all enrolled in one of fourteen different national sections, a completely bilingual and bicultural education.
The American Section is a founding section of the Lycée International, a school created by Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1952 as a means to bring together the children of SHAPE officers and promote inter-cultural understanding.
American Section students receive the best of both the French and American educational systems. They spend about 75% of the week following the full French national curriculum. The remaining 25% of the week is spent in the American Section, where American born and educated faculty members teach a native-level American English and History curriculum during Section classes. While many of our students have at least one American parent, there are more than 50 nationalities represented within our student body.
We welcome students from Moyenne Section (Pre-K) to Terminale (12th grade). Applicants must have native or near-native language abilities in English. There is an intensive French adaptation program (Français Spéciale) for high performing English-speaking children who wish to learn French.
Within the Section, we strive to provide students with a complete American educational experience, including a wide array of co-curricular activities such as yearbook, theater, MUN, student council, Lego robotics, and community service.
In Première and Terminale (11th and 12th grades) students prepare the International Option of the French Baccalaureate (OIB). Our graduates attend top universities in France, the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Holland, Italy, Switzerland and elsewhere.
The Lycée International network includes several satellite schools in St. Germain-en-Laye and neighboring towns. The American Section is present at the Ecole Schnapper (Lower School) as well as the Collège Marcel Roby (Middle School), both in St. Germain.
Please contact us by phone or mail for detailed admissions information.
email – email@example.com
phone – 01 34 51 90 92