Dr. Louis A. Monaco
Chartered Clinical and Forensic Psychologist, treats individual adults and couples in both short and long-term therapies. His orientation is primarily based in psychodynamic psychotherapy, he works collaboratively to set treatment goals.
Dr. Monaco is a Chartered Clinical and Forensic Psychologist (UK); Licensed Clinical Psychologist (USA), and Psychologue (BE). He provides Psychotherapy and counselling for individual adults and couples, short and long-term psychotherapy, as well as psychological testing and cognitive/IQ assessments.
He has an international background, and extensive understanding of cultural differences. Dr. Monaco has an integrative psychotherapeutic approach, which is catered to suit each individual, and includes psychodynamic, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and existential therapy. He specialises in mood disorders, addictive and compulsive behaviour, relationship difficulties, sexual problems, sexual identity and personal growth.
Therapeutic Skills and Areas of Specialisation
Dr. Monaco is a Chartered Clinical and Forensic Psychologist, working with individual adults and couples in both time-limited (1-6 and 6-12 sessions) and longer term therapies. His orientation to therapeutic work is primarily based in psychodynamic psychotherapy, which focuses both on solutions to an individual's current problems, and also how their past experiences influence their present relationships and functioning. His approach is straightforward, practical, compassionate, and gentle. Dr. Monaco works collaboratively, so you can, together, facilitate the exploration of any underlying issues, whilst also empowering you to make the changes you want.
Dr. Monaco's specialties are derived from over 20 years of training and experience:
• Long-term, intermediate or short-term psychotherapy
• Individual, couples and group modalities
• Dating, relationships and intimacy
• Psychological testing and assessment
• Depression, anxiety and other mood disturbances
• Professional supervision and consultation
• Men’s sexuality / compulsive sexual behaviour
• Internet chat room / cybersex addiction
• Expat/acculturation difficulties
• Employment issues, such as stress, redundancy and harassment
• Lesbian, gay and bisexual issues and concerns
• HIV/Aids and related issues
• Personal growth and exploration
• Physical and sexual abuse
• Video/Skype counseling/consultation
- PsyD, Doctor of Psychology, Alliant International University, San Francisco, California
- MS in Marriage and Family Therapy, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California
- BA Accounting, Hofstra University, New York
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist (C.Psychol), British Psychological Society
- Associate Fellow (AFBPsS), British Psychological Society
- Health & Care Professions Council registered, Clinical & Forensic Psychologist
Third Party Payments
Private insurance and company reimbursed sessions may be available to you, depending upon the insurance company. Similarly it may be possible to make claims directly if you are insured in the United Kingdom or United States.
Payment by BACS, Cash, or Cheque only at the end of each session. Invoices will be provided should you wish to submit claims directly to third parties.
Dr. Monaco’s office is located in Central Paris (75015), just a few minutes walk from Avenue Emile Zola (Line10), La Motte-Picquet-Grenelle (Lines 6,8,& 10) or Commerce (Line 8) metro stops.