Jill Schofield - Thommeret
English family lawyer practising in France, specialising in international divorce and inheritance law. 80 blvd Haussmann (Arr 8) Paris.
Maître Schofield-Thommeret began her professional career in London with a firm of solicitors, and moved to Paris in 1985 where she first worked as an assistant lawyer with a law firm, she founded her own firm in 1991.
Her main areas of practice are as follows:
- Family law (divorce, adoption),
- Investment and estate matters, in particular:
• when buying or selling property,
• advice in matters of inheritance law and tax planning,
• settlement of international estates.
Maître SCHOFIELD-THOMMERETs understanding of both French and British legal systems and cultures is very useful to expatriates living in France who are seeking legal advice on divorce, family law, inheritance matters as well as foreign acquisition of property in France.
- English (native speaker)
- BA (hons) in English and French law, University of Kent (GB)
- Licence in law, University of Paris XI
- London : 1985
- Paris : 1991