Anthony George - Positive Psychology, Cognitive-Behavioral and Couples Therapy
Anglo-German psychologist. Positive Psychology Coaching, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy and Couples Therapy. Practices in Botafogo and Gávea Trade Center, also sessions via Skype and FaceTime. In English, auf Deutsch e em português.
Born in 1972, I grew up in New Zealand, and in Germany where I studied economics. Before immigrating to Brazil, I worked in the field of restructuring and auditing companies. Today I practice as a psychologist, specializing in cognitive-behavioral therapy.
In 2008-2009, thanks to the exchange program at PUC-Rio, I participated in the PHD program of Cognitive Psychology at the University of California San Diego, which at the time was ranked as the third best of its kind in the USA (even ahead of Harvard, Princeton or Yale). There I discovered the exciting research into positive psychology and happiness, including the happiness of couples. My supervisors are Profa. Helena Shinohara (PUC-Rio) and Profa. Eliane Falcone (UERJ).
Interview: Positive Psychology + Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Rio de Janeiro
- Assume responsibility for your own happiness.
- Grow, in spite of setbacks.
- Discover your strengths and virtues.
- Learn to fail, so you don´t fail to learn.
- Overcome your fears and start acting.
- Don´t deceive yourself into taking apparently-inviting shortcuts.
- Develop your potential and realize the positive in your life.
- Learn to be happier.
Hours / Locations
Sessions via Skype or Facetime: Hours by arrangement
|Monday||13:00 to 21:00||11:00 to 21:00|
|Tuesday||19:00 to 21:00|
|Wednesday||11:00 to 21:00|
|Thursday||19:00 to 21:00||11:00 to 21:00|
|Friday||11:00 to 21:00|
|Saturday||08:00 to 21:00|
- Payment Methods: Clients may pay up front, or by agreed installments. Or, if you prefer, you can pay for each session individually
- If you need to cancel or rearrange an appointment, you are required to provide 24 hour advance notice, otherwise, you will be charged for the full session