Carol McCloskey - Counsellor & Psychotherapist
Sessions for adults, children and couples. Offering you a personal, confidential and open space based on deep respect for the individual, to work through depression, grief, trauma and life crises in person or on line.
Originally from Ireland, I have worked internationally in English and French with multicultural individuals. As a relational therapist I am sensitive to the dynamics of identity issues in the individual. In my work with couples I provide a free space to process the personal and psycho-sexual problems blocking the relationship.
I completed my training in the UK and France, and am a member of the AFPACP. I continue to increase my knowledge with ongoing courses and programmes.
Appointments can be in person at my office in Antibes centre, or on line at a time to suit you. I am also available for home visits if need be. My basic consultation fees depend on session length, individual or couple and also individual circumstances as at present psychotherapy fees are not covered by the French social security system.
Therapy is tailored to the individual, and sessions can also work on behavioural adjustment using practical tools like MBCT.
Some areas in which I have worked include;
- Relationship issues
- Problems linked to childhood and adolescence
- Separation and attachment
- Couple Therapy
- Problems related to accompaniment of psychosis or mental illness
- Mood problems (bipolarity, depression)
- Work related stress Anxiety (panic, phobies, agoraphobia, lack of self-esteem, etc…)
- Problems related to impulse control (automutilations, kleptomania,stress, OCD, burn-out, ‘acting out’)
- Pre-natal psychology Post-partum depression
- Psychotraumatic aftermath (accident, aggression, moral or sexual harassment)
- Grief processing
- Identity questions: psychosexual, cultural or religious adaptation
Feel free to browse my site to address any other questions you may have concerning psychotherapy.