Permanent Residence Permit

3 Replies



We have been resident in France for 13 years. We pay our taxes here and have a Card Vitale etc., but we have never been issued with a Permanent Residence Certificate. We heard recently that having this certificate will ensure our status after Brexit. Can any one advise if we need the certificate and, if so how do we obtain one.Many thanks

Featured Classified


Sylvia-Romo 1518352305

These are for non EU citizens. If you are from the UK, you are EU citizens.. Do not bog down the government with your useless demand.

chèvrefeuille 1518376085

You can apply apply for a Carte de Sejour Permanent EU after 10 years residency. It has been suggested that after Brexit holders will be able to exchange their CdS for whatever is required then. If you have 13 years of tax returns you will have no difficulty confirming yourvright to residency now or later. 

salamanca-210606 1518454863

I think that was a harsh reply from Sylvia-Romo. M&J posted a polite message looking for advice so that they can be prepared for Brexit when they won't be EU citizens.  What's wrong with that? 

Join the discussion