Shopping CentresFrench Riviera
Shopping Centres on the French Riviera and Monaco
Information on the shopping centres and malls of the Cote d'Azur and Monaco. Details on what is sold, opening hours and access for Cap 3000 in St-Laurent du Var to Monaco's Metropole. Also the hypermarket centres of Nice Lingoustiere, Antibes and elsewhere...
The Côte d'Azur has few indoor shopping centres, or malls. Instead there are many pedestrians-only blocks in town centres, with many small, independent boutiques.
There are numerous commercial centres (Centres Commerciaux) with shops and services available alongside a supermarket. The Centres Commerciaux differ from shopping malls in that they generally don't have shops selling music and technology goods and home furnishings. However most have a pharmacy (chemist), florist, dry cleaners, key-cutters and shoe repairs, a tobacconist and news-stand, a booking office for show tickets, opticians and a café/restaurant.
Sales in France take place on fixed dates in January and in July.
Cap 3000 in St-Laurent du Var, near Nice International Airport, is the largest shopping mall in the region with more than 100 shops (fashion, accessories, technology and luggage), services, banks and restaurants and cafés. There is a large department store, Galeries Lafayette which has designer home furnishings and accessories, fashion, sportswear, jewelery, CDs and DVDs.
Note: Cap 3000 - "cape three thousand" - is pronounced "cap trois mille".
- Open: 10:00-21:00 Monday to Saturday, and on Sundays during the sales and on some public holidays
- Parking outside the shopping centre with 3,500 spaces
- Tel: 04 93 31 10 35
- Road: From the Route du Bord de Mer to St-Laurent du Var, follow the signs to Cap 3000, or take the A8 motorway exit n.49 St-Laurent du Var and follow the signs to Cap 3000
- Train: Take the train to the station SNCF St-Laurent du Var. Train timetable
- Bus: For a timetable
Polygone Riviera is an open air shopping mall in Cagnes-sur-Mer, opened in 2015. With some 150 shops, a variety of restaurants and a cinema, it has something to offer for everyone.
- Open: 10:00-21:00 Monday to Saturday
- Parking: 3000 underground spaces
- Access: 119 Avenue des Alpes, Cagnes sur mer. There are regular buses from the train station in Cagnes-sur-Mer to Polygone
- Tel: 04 97 02 01 01
Nice Étoile is in the centre of Nice town on the main road, Avenue Jean Médecin. Taking up four floors, it has a large range of clothes, shoe and accessory shops, home furnishings, a music and technology store, and some cafés.
- Open: 10:00-19:30 from Monday to Saturday
- Parking: Paid underground parking is available beneath the building. Also Parking Notre Dame at 28 avenue Notre Dame and Parking du Louvre at 20 boulevard Victor Hugo (both 300 meters away)
- Tel: 04 92 17 38 17
- Access: At 30 ave Jean Médecin, Nice.
- Train: Take the train to the station SNCF Nice Centre and walk down Avenue Jean Médecin to the centre on the left
Le Métropole in Monaco is an upmarket shopping centre with 80 shops including branches of Christian Lacroix and Kenzo.
- Open: 10:00-19:30 Monday to Saturday, and on some Sundays and public holidays
- Parking: Opposite the gardens of the Casino
Access: Entrances at ave de Grande Bretagne and at ave des Spélugues, Monaco.
- Train: Take the train to Gare SNCF Monaco Monte Carlo, and follow the signs to the Casino.
- Bus: For a timetable
Centre Commercial de Fontvieille
Centre Commercial de Fontvieille in Monaco has a Carrefour supermarket surrounded by 36 shops selling technology, fashion, music, home furnishings, restaurants. There is also a petrol station.
- Open: 08:30-21:30 Monday to Friday, and 08:30-22:00 Saturdays
- Parking outside the Centre Commercial
- Tel: +377 92 05 57 00
Access: At avenue du Prince Héréditaire in Fontvieille
Centre Commercial Carrefour
The large Centre Commercial Carrefour in Antibes has a Carrefour supermarket that is very busy at all times of the day. Shops and services around the supermarket include a hairdresser, a chemist, fashion shops, shoe shops, photo development, dry cleaners, key-cutters and shoe repairs, florists, opticians, cafés and restaurants, and a petrol station.
- Open: 08:45-22:00 Monday to Friday, and 08:45-21:00 Saturdays
- Parking outside the centre commercial
- Tel: 04 92 91 25 25
Access: At Chemin de St Claude, Antibes.
- Road: Take the A8 motorway exit n.44 Antibes Sophia Antipolis. Follow the road in direction of Antibes; take the third exit at the traffic circle
- Bus: For a timetable
Centre Commercial Nice Lingostière
Located on the outskirts of Nice, this Centre Commercial has a Carrefour supermarket surrounded by 49 shops and services, including fashion shops, jewelers, chemists, opticians, luggage stores and many other services.
- Open: 09:30-20:30 Monday to Friday and 09:30-20:00 Saturday
- Parking outside the centre commercial with 2,600 spaces, of which 85 are reserved for disabled use only
Access: On the RN 7, 606 Route de Grenoble, Nice
- Bus: Ligne Azur; routes n. 11, 710, 720 and 59 all stop outside the centre commercial; timetable
- Train: On the Train des Pignes, take the stop St-Sauveur Centre Commercial
Centre Commercial Leclerc – Grasse
Centre Commercial Leclerc in Grasse has a Leclerc supermarket with other small shops including a petrol station, a hairdresser, opticians and a cafeteria.
Access: At Chemin de l'Orme, Grasse.
Centre Commercial Auchan – Grasse
Auchan supermarket centre has shops and services including a jewelers, photo development, home furnishings, fashion, dry cleaners, and a newsagent.
- Open: 08:30-22:00 Monday to Saturday
- Parking area
- Tel: 04 97 05 26 00
Access: At La Paoute, 158 Route de Cannes, Grasse.
Géant Casino – Mandelieu
This large Centre Commercial is close to Castorama DIY store. It has a Géant Casino supermarket, shops and services including a newsagent, a jewelers, photo shop, petrol station and cafeteria.
- Géant Casino – Mandelieu
- Open: 08:30-21:00 Monday to Saturday
- Parking available outside the centre
- Tel: 04 92 97 74 00
Access: On the RN7, Route de Frèjus, Mandelieu