Feature - Contractors - What you should know

Just moved or renovated or even have some small jobs that need doing?

Handymen come in all shapes and sizes and skillsets! It is not illegal to hire a non-licensed contractor, just wise not to!

If you are moving house and just want junk and old appliances removed go to  Household Furniture Collection & Disposal

If you are living in an HDB go to your local town council website to arrange - sometime they charge and sometimes they don’t.

Check the plumbers and electricians qualifications where you can and see if they can give you any references. Also ask if they are licenced and ask for their licence number. 

Find more Plumbers under Plumbers, Electricians & Handyman and here for Electricians that are qualified and here for Handyman Services.

Check out Housing at eCitizen a government website regarding renovation guidelines for HDB housing here.

The government PUB (Public Utilities Board) has plenty of useful information and a list of their licenced plumbers can be found here

The government website for Energy market Authority has details about licenced gas and electricity contractors.